Well, this Winter Break has been far less relaxing than I'd hoped, but I am glad that I did as many fun things as I did. Last time I wrote, I think that I was in NYC. I had a really great time there -- got to spend quality time with friends and eat a lot of good food!! Unfortunately, it was REALLY cold and snowy, so I ended up staying inside and watching movies and TV with friends. Because I was hanging out on the Upper East Side and needed to get back to my friend's house in Washington Heights, I actually almost rang in the new year on the subway! At the last minute, I decided to stop and visit an old friend before heading back. All of the friends I saw here in NYC are Penn friends from my undergrad days -- it's amazing that after almost 8 years, I still keep in touch with many of them. I expect that I'll be even better at keeping up with my GSE friends, because not only are we very close, but we also have similar scholarship and career interests.
So, I took the train back from NYC to Philly on January 2nd, then flew to Toronto the next day. My dear friends Sarah and Matt got married in Southern Ontario on the 3rd, and I read in the wedding and emceed the reception -- lots of fun was had. Then, my friend and I drove from Canada to Pittsburgh, where I helped my family move into their new house. After a few days there, I took a train back to Philly...then went to Boston last weekend.
It is good to be back in Philly! Classes start tomorrow; I'm not exactly sure which classes I'm taking yet. I'm registered for five, but I may have to visit a few others just to make sure I'm not missing out on something great. Stay tuned!!!
