Thanksgiving weekend provided me with a much-needed break from all of the reading and writing I've been doing. However, a new week has started and I'm beginning to realize that this semester will be over in fifteen days.
One of the good things about being a graduate student in education is that we really don't have final exams. Some courses do, but I'm not taking any of them this semester. I'm not a big fan of test-taking, so I'm glad to focus my energies on writing papers and preparing presentations. That said, the next two weeks are going to be hectic, to say the least. If all goes well, I will have completed a conference-style poster, a critical book review, two fifteen-page research papers, and a twenty-page research paper. There's a certain kind of rush that fills the air, even in graduate school, as the semester winds down. There's plenty of deep thinking going on, not as much sleep as most of us would like to have, but still an excitement about finishing the semester with a bang!
